PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Set up a DC-3 group?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2002, 09:20
sunnysideup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is true that the interior is bare at the momoent. And the ridiculous metal panelling will have to be removed. The current colour scheme is just theatrical paint after some recent film work. I believe its silver underneath (proper Dak colour!)

I am reliably informed that the recently recovered seats are part of the deal, as are reconditioned props which, when I last checked, where boxed up ready to go to the States to have the work done (already paid for) but are sitting in a North Weald hangar at the mo.

The "Ground Crew" who used to show people around it at airshows and do all the other "ground crew" stuff, have been helping us enormously with the Antonov An2 recently. They know a fair bit about what you could do with it and what works or not for making a few quid to cover costs.

I also know of a ATPL with 500 hours DC-3 time who was interested in doing the commercial flying bit if we could do a deal and another who was ready to write a cheque if the price was right.

In fact, I've talked myself back into it. If anyone seriously wants to put a group togther then count me in, as long as we get a realistic buying price.