PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2011, 11:00
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are jobs out there. Just far too few wannabes willing to, let alone have the kahoonas to go for them.

A "snippet" of a chance? I'm sorry, but that shows how little research you have actually done. I fly all over the world and see many, many opportunities for guys to go straight into a RHS of a commercial jet via cadetships, or with the pitiful requirement of 500 hrs TT.

GA?? (Ooopps! Swear word!)

For generations pilots were able to do it but all of a sudden offer a cheap and nasty way into a widebody and miraculously these other jobs have dried up??!!

If all of you who are on here who keep moaning about the conditions come up with a better alternative career choice (which doesn't involve getting your own TR etc) then I'd be MORE than happy to listen and very grateful.
Sorry fella, while I have posted these options before I'm not going to do the work for you. Although that is what so many of you seek: a short cut with least amount of effort. And at the same time lower the industry and force pressure onto the present day CX terms and conditions.

I feel quite entitled to move onto one of the only choices I have out there.
(Highlighting and underscoring done by me)

So there you have it. You feel an ENTITLEMENT. Screw credentials, experience, knowledge, and so on, and so on. How dare anyone argue with your sense of ENTITLEMENT!!??!

GA is it's own weeding yard. If it's just too tough then maybe that's telling you something when you can't get ahead or progress? Or better yet, go somewhere where skill, determination, experience, etc are no longer needed at the cost of standards, safety, least of all integrity - CX iCadet.

I just hope no one makes it too tough for you!! Perish the thought of disturbing your ENTITLEMENT!!