PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2011, 00:05
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bearfoil
Much of it has become tacit, part of the Thread Line Culture.
I disagree - this is and has always been a technical discussion regarding systems design and the man/machine interface, any attempt to deviate from that has generally been avoided.

Part urban myth, at this point. The time just before a/p unlatch is not well addressed by BEA. Therefore Not mentioned=Cannot have happened?
Well, there's two likely reasons for that:

1) Everything appeared relatively normal up until that point, so mentioning events during that time period were unnecessary
2) They didn't know exactly what was going on during that time period, so could not put anything conclusive in the note

The part that is disclosed is parsed such that we look for faults in the Pilotage, and accept the a/c "AS DESIGNED". "The aircraft won't do that". "What was the pilot Up to".
Not at all - that is how you seem to be choosing to interpret it. Coming at it with no preconceptions it reads as a very dry statement of events that happened at specific points in time without any implication of anything, as you would expect of what was essentially a press release to get the more lurid speculation out of the way so they could do their job.

With all due respect, you seem to choose to be very definite on occasion and then swing wildly into evasiveness and conjecture if anyone asks anything of you directly, so I'm going to ask you directly and see what - or if - you answer:

Do you believe in a conspiracy on the part of the BEA and Airbus to blame the pilots in the case of AF447?

Either way I think you're too emotionally involved with this, and I suspect a few days away from the thread might do you some good and get you some perspective - it certainly did me good a few weeks back!