PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 23:12
bearfoil

There are several sources of data to support these last ponderings. As above, PNF would alert by radio as to the deviation, and also the climb, and if it was inadvertent, it may have been accompanied by a M'aider.

Simply because communication is problematic, the crew would follow procedure and make the calls. The CVR, depending on ambient sound level, will support this, so I am not worried.........

The inference that could be made if notification to local traffic of a climb was not made, would mean that the PF's original input will not have been intended as a 'climb', per se, but a recapture of FL350 if low.....

For about two years, various protestations of a/c fidelity and reliability have been made by quoting design considerations.

When it comes to actual BEA data "PF input RLNU.....at PITCH +10 the a/c began to climb", the immediate response is the PF commanded an absurd ascent which led to the loss of a/c. Various adjectives are selected out of thin air to savage his training, and hold in suspicion his competence.

I find that outrageous. Is there another way to see these slanders here?

JD-EE I have no opinion on what you consider silly. If you think I made a compelling statement, acknowledge and leave the gossip in the computer. I have been hammering on the initial ten seconds for months, actually from the beginning...........

What part of airframe/EFCS failure do you seem reluctant to address? A fall off of the a/c to the right is noted by BEA, as you state. It happens again, and BEA states same. Rolls and reversals are stated on the way up the climb. The a/c is behaving unusually, notwithstanding the absurd climb.

Rudder for Roll. Rudder issues. If Left Rudder was unavailable, any out of trim excursion to the right would be un reversed, and additive. Likewise if Right Rudder was in, and not corrected (or correctable).

Last edited by bearfoil; 20th Jul 2011 at 23:26.