PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 22:12
Final Flare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody really knows

If that new NPAS or other Force aircraft is over your area doing the same job you used to do, surely you are entitled to that position with the new supplier under the "Service Provision Change" rule? as quoted by lokon.

Again I am not too sure, but I believe that if you are directly employed and the above happens and you are not offered that position then you are fully entitled to claim under "constructive dismissal" grounds. Therefore costing NPAS even more money.

Also the main word we should be concentrating on is "National". As it is a "National" organisation, not regional and definately not force by force, then a full EU Tender process should be adhered to. For all aspects, being it, Engineering, procurement or pilotage. Just to reiterate, thats EU, not national tendering.

I urge everyone, be they directly employed, contracted or whatever to be prepared. There will be people who are going to be very upset and when the full legalities come out, nobody's job, and I stress NOBODY's job will be safe.