PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 21:23
xcitation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Takata

Thanks for the superb graphic. Do you recall the posts that AF did not install all of the available backup steam guages option on this a/c?

The report does not explicitly state attitude failure. However it does not state that attitude indactions were all displayed faithfully. FDR did not record speed on right PFD, so maybe not the attitude.

The BEA report does show errors on both ADIRU and ISIS. Having read some other incidents I recall that Airbus can give bogus stall warnings and PFD degradation under certain ADIRU failures (those 2 Airbus incidents near the Australian radar station?). IMHO the scant BEA reports do not eliminate the possibility of a degraded attitude indicator on the right PFD.

The list of 7 reasons are purely speculative. Probably a better title is "possible contributing factors to a general nose up/stick back". I was struggling with imagining the crew spending nearly 4 minutes looking at the +15 deg pitch and giving it generally stick back - sometimes to the stops. Which scenario(s) would you envisage to explain this?

I am trying to get a list of all factors either likely or not. Add any new ones that are missing. Identify any that are false (e.g. attitude indicator).