PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mainland Adults Bullying Young White Kid
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 20:43
Basil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sqwak7700,
Yes, I'd agree with what you say.
Re the 'racist' 'anti Han' comments, I guess I missed that, having left in 2002.
Generally found Chinese OK but they won't stand any crap once they get to a position of authority - will anyone?

Scene: London - Bas + Mrs Bas at Buck Hse. - Just watching Chg guard - Chinese bird tries to push Bas out of way (no respect) - Bas stands ground - CB "You not gentleman!" Bas "Ladies make gentlemen!"

Re the vid from the OP: You all know the attitude of Chinese people to animals so a bit of rough justice to a child doesn't surprise me. Even to someone like me who has no objection to humane killing for eating, their treatment of animals is appalling so forgive me if I am not surprised by the vid. If you want a ref just read John Warham's book:
The ‘show’ consisted of a small arena in the centre of which a domestic cow was tethered. Two tigers were let into the arena and they attacked the cow. The tigers were fat and well fed and did not bring down the animal with a quick kill by suffocating it as they would normally do in the wild. Instead they just took bites out of it, gnawed at its legs and ripped at its hide with their claws. This went on for some time before the tigers were removed from the arena. The cow was still alive and bellowing pathetically but, even then, the ‘keepers’ did not dispatch the poor, wretched animal. Instead they tied ropes to its legs and dragged it out of the arena behind a lorry. It was one of the most sickening and disgusting spectacles of animal cruelty that I have ever witnessed and, throughout the whole thing, the audience of men, women and children was sitting there eating ice creams, laughing and pointing at what was happening in front of them. It made me ashamed to be a part of the human race
Oh, p.s. Don't abandon nukes - only way we'll keep them out - trust me.

Last edited by Basil; 20th Jul 2011 at 21:08.