PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tech log misunderstandings
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 19:50
Plore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TURIN

My understanding is that LI is only used for 'Nil Defects' or other 'non tech' entries. It is not a carte blanche prefix to 'avoid' investigation.
True to an extent TURIN. I don't think it's to avoid investigation, actually more to aid in it. An example of LI for a technical matter would be to either give more info (or if 'please report further' had been noted) on an already existing deferred defect. I heard a crew member note one day that they have been told to not use LI as often as it had been at a stage.

I have to agree though, there are very few LI items that does not require some form of action, even if only a few tests has to be carried out on the CMS.

Speaking of Emirates, why do certain captains insist on using CM1 or CM2? What is wrong with P1/P2 or Capt/FO?
No idea, quite frustrating if you have to jump around between types and CM1 is written in such a way that it looks like CMI. Then I usually sit there and wonder what the CMI stands for, where did I loose an accronym somewhere between types?