PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 19:33
bearfoil

Lonewolf

Many thanks. And also to infrequentflyer789.

So, PF holds back stick over three minutes. He's mad, or he thinks it's "appropriate"? He's not mad, so does he believe that his a/s and v/s (!) is a descent, (It actually is), and his SS back is going eventually to pull them out of the "Dive"? Of course, the panel (LHS) and ISIS have already told their story to BEA.

"We are going to go through 10". Just a wild guess, but is this comment laden with an opinion that they will recover, and it will be quite low when they do? To me, it means just that, it does not mean "And then we will impact the Ocean." I think he expects the ship to level off. That explains the back stick. This means that logically, there would not be a STALL WRN on the way down. Will we find out if there was?

Before autopilot, and for a time after, there was the "wing leveler". I just think that in any condition, a sharp change to manual flight puts the Pilot in a far deeper hole than an a/p w/o ASI. W/O ASI, an auto pilot can hold altitude (accelerometers), and PITCH (Same). The pilot has no such advantage, with bunk data and PNF holding a book.