PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 18:58
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No offence but you're just recycling the stale rumours that have been circulating here for a while. To be honest it is more likely I'll win the lotto than what you foresee...
Your completley right, except your completley wrong with your statement '' it is more likely I'll win the lotto than what you foresee... '' because Cork has turned a corner routes that are not profitable gone, routes that are staying are being increased, and all carriers have found there niche, EI are doing BIG on the LON market, FR have increased London flights allowing more weekend/lesiure travellers and just to let you know Tuesdays 3x STN flight numbers where all averaging above the 80% mark you will see that in next months figures, its clear FR want to go back 3x daily and whats more frustrating is seeing the Regional flights going out at near 80% capacity everyday! the BRS route is making a killing but its going on a W pattern to where i've heard SNN-BRS-SNN is marginal and goes through its fair share of profitable and unprofitable moments. Its clear also the ORK market decline has bottomed out, its good to see FR are ''re analyzing'' there Winter schedule so that the ORK based aircraft dosent finish at 3 MON to FRI and has an extra flight which is where i see MAN come in. Jamie just to point out though EI Regional's schedule maybe be bookable but its fully released because of Business demand like ORK-AMS,CDG,LHR i mean look at ORK-CDG-ORK times for 2012, the full schedule wont be out till Sep/Oct, Nov at the latest. In terms of EI to DUB im keeping an open mind, i see the point of allowing onward travel to the US but i dont think this will happen until EI Regional can merge its operations into T2 or at least Pier B. Should be a positive few months ahead for Cork with a few good announcements expected. The reason EI Regional didnt return SOU as planned was because EI fly straight into LGW daily its about 1hr 30mins from Southampton. I could see EI Regional launching a DUB-ORK-NQY route maybe?

On Monday im heading to London Stansted with FR and coming back Tuesday on the new extra midday STN-ORK flight, and to my astonishment there seems to be less then 20 seats left out of a total of 567 seats available on Tuesday.

Last edited by Jack1985; 20th Jul 2011 at 20:19.