PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 18:53
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearfoil
If PF input "SLOW" (turbulence pen speed) to auto pilot, it would be in NORMAL LAW. As such, at a/p drop, He would be in NORMAL LAW. As such, if he input NURL, he HAS Protections in PITCH and ROLL. In ROLL to 30 degrees, and Pitch to STALL nibble. The approved recovery from CFIT is full BACK and full ROLL (And full THROTTLE). Not suggesting CFIT, only to demonstrate the LAW in effect at a/p LOSS. If I was expecting STALL protection with my Pitch UP, the dual chirp of STALLSTALL would be more reassuring than worrying.......Remember, at this point NORMAL LAW.
You could save the bold for something sensical, it's so embarrassing.
Quite simply, AP would not go OFF while EFCS would stay in NORMAL law.
When AP kicked off, it was ALTERNATE 2. Before, it was NORMAL, right?

Hence, when the pilot entered Mach 0.80, this was between 0208:07 and 0210:04... so, call it before event (NORMAL) with autopilot ON... while at 0210:05, it was ALTERNATE 2, after event, with autopilot OFF!
Get it?

Event = UAS.

In Normal law, if something happened (attitude, speed) protections will kick in and EFCS will set itself in "protected" law (high Alpha, High Speed, bank angle, pitch attitude...) without any need of pilot imputs, the aircraft will recover automatically. They won't be "STALL STALL" sounding if entering the high Alpha mode (Alpha-lock) because the aircraft would not go as far by itself (pilot needs to help up to Alpha_Max, where it doesn't sound either).

After EFCS dropped NORMAL for ALTERNATE 2, anything could happen as protections won't kick, and everything would have to be done manually.

Originally Posted by Bearfoil
It is here, during the last ten seconds of a/p, and the first ten seconds of Hand flight, I believe the a/c was lost.
It looks like a motto!
BEA is covering up that, at 0210:05, she was at 90° bank angle, while "starting" to roll to its right... or was at -90° pitch down while "starting" to climb at 7000 ft/mn!