PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lossie saved, Leuchars to the Army
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 18:39
Rector16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICBM

I thank you for your comments - they make some interesting assumptions about me and parkitup and some interesting points about yourself!

I was of course part of the decision-making process that decided on Lossie for JCA a few years ago - so the noise footprint issue was of great interest and was closely studied by all concerned. I presume that you are thinking of the potential for changes to that footprint now that the CTOL/STOVL decision has been made (finally....). Your reference to burner T/Os is interesting though since the key determinant for noise was always expected to be the circuit - especially for the STOVL type (which is now changed etc etc).

Desperate Scots (ggod spot on the spooling mitsake - must beat the typing pool harder!) seems to be pretty well backed up by their moaning over the past months about 56%, 72%, 2 out of 3 bases closing, it's not fair, wah wah wah, independence, Scottish AF, boo hoo, etc etc. Pointing out that desperate people are desperate is about as racist as pointing out that RN Harrier folks are sad!

As for parkitup - he means well and I like his style; long may he fly safe

Last edited by Rector16; 20th Jul 2011 at 18:40. Reason: mis-type