PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 18:00
bearfoil

Lonewolf

Asym config. At first blush, a jammed or unstowed spoiler. Consistent with a RL input at handoff. Or an hung aileron. Rudder issue?

Isn't it possible? Also, BEA do not state much of anything re: aspect at handoff. There is perhaps nothing of note to report, or there is, and it remains unreported. Nodata. "No soup for you........"

The Path shows a chronic right biased descent, and BEA in first Interim state a "rotation right" at impact. I think it is early to foreclose on all mechanical issues.

If PF input "SLOW" (turbulence pen speed) to auto pilot, it would be in NORMAL LAW. As such, at a/p drop, He would be in NORMAL LAW. As such, if he input NURL, he HAS Protections in PITCH and ROLL. In ROLL to 30 degrees, and Pitch to STALL nibble. The approved recovery from CFIT is full BACK and full ROLL (And full THROTTLE). Not suggesting CFIT, only to demonstrate the LAW in effect at a/p LOSS. If I was expecting STALL protection with my Pitch UP, the dual chirp of STALLSTALL would be more reassuring than worrying.......Remember, at this point NORMAL LAW.

It is here, during the last ten seconds of a/p, and the first ten seconds of Hand flight, I believe the a/c was lost.

BEA state the a/c did not begin to climb until she was passing through ten degrees NU. (PITCH). So there was a lag in response to PF's "First Input".

Did he become impatient, and just as she started to rotate, input everything the Stick had left? The elevator responds faster than THS, did he have too little back stick with his first input? As the THS caught up, she "overrotated"? Is there a STALL WRN on the THS? Because this climb wants to tell us that ND (at least 'effectively'), was unavailable for the time she was zoomed?