PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - lifestyle and work/life balance
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 17:37
keeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackandbrown wrote "I don't need to trust you, I fly for easyjet - it must have changed since you left. I have flown 8 earlies and a few lates this month and not one has been near discretion. Flying is tiring. Your point is hyperbole of the highest order. You seem blinkered. Ba is a good job. So is easyjet."

I did not mean for you to "literally" trust me, it was a figure of speech.

A few facts: I have been in easyJet for almost 5 years now and until recently was going through the command process. This got stopped once my resignation was handed in as I have been offered a job with BA and will start in Autumn. I believe you must be on a Flexi roster if you are working such a pattern. I am on the old TRSS contract and so I have to work 5/3/5/4 and yes, there are days in the pattern that work you that close to the bone. I dare say that my point is hyperbole and I am far from blinkered.... and before you ask, easyJet is not my first job, I flew turbo props before that.

Is BA a good job? YES. Is easyJet a good job? YES. I come back to my original point that this thread is trying to establish whether a good balance can be found. We are able to present our own opinions and views in here but please, spare me the ridicule. BA is certainly not the benchmark but it is an airline at which one can actually have a sustained career. I am very grateful to easyJet as they have provided me with some wonderful experience over the past years but I have to be honest and say that I don't wish to continue in the same manner for the rest of my career.

Tallboy, an excellent post and I feel the same as you. I could not have shared my thoughts any better than yourself and wish you all the luck at BA.