PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - delay compensation
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 16:19
matkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a flight cancelled on me last Friday 15th(EMA-EDI), girl at the office offered me an alternate to GLA I asked for transportation to EDI this She said was not BMI baby policy having since read the ruling She obviously had not also the regulation! article 9 1(A) states that I should have received quote: Meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time, I was offered a £3 voucher for those said meal and refreshments!! for a 3 hour 5 minute delay try buying meals and refreshment/s for that at EMA they also said the flight was cancelled because of a technical problem with the aircraft well it must have been known for a while as I started to try and check in at 07:00 that morning! as I later began to smell a rat I went into the booking part or their site (around 14:00) and it was still allowing you to book and pay for a seat on the by then cancelled flight, I am abviously now persuing them for the €250 compo and will also be contacting the CAA as to how they can blatantly ignore the regulation in regard to the meals and refreshment issue. Also at no time was I contacted by them to tell me of the cancellation oh no they said that is not company policy but it would seem company policy is to contact you at least 3 times prior to my flight (every week) to remind me to bring photo ID cant really figure that one.