PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mainland Adults Bullying Young White Kid
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 15:23
Gigaboomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you serious Iron? I'm not sure what this thread is doing on an aviation forum in the first place but since you raise your somewhat biased view, as a concerned Christian I can't help but comment. May I suggest that the abuse by what you call 'religion' is really just a result of our fallen human nature coupled with power and greed. I agree that all religions are guilty, and this certainly includes the religion of Secular Humanism. Just look at Stalin, Hitler and Mao to get some idea of what human nature is capable of without the restraint of real morality.

And while we are talking of morality, I can't help but wonder what humanists are thinking when they talk about ethics or morals without God. If there is no moral law maker above man then it simply becomes a matter of opinion. You may think that what happened in that video was 'disturbing and absolutely wrong and unconscionable' but clearly the people involved didn't. So who is right Iron, you or them? If it is you then why? Don't get me wrong I certainly agree, although I haven't actually viewed the video and probably won't, but I agree because God's morality says so, not because of what I think or what you think.

Ultimately what Jesus actually taught is in total opposition to this kind of behavior and if you would care to look the bible actually describes the reality of our fallen world very accurately, and with respect, this includes attitudes like yours. Real Christianity is not a 'religion' but a personal relationship with the real Jesus Christ. But of course this is nothing new, mankind has been rejecting God and doing his own thing from the beginning. God bless.