PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 15:19
bearfoil

lonewolf

The initial NU I take to be PF directed. The Left Roll command as well. So does BEA. So the a/c was ND, Rolling Right at the switch? Logical?

As to the Rolling (L,R, between 12 and ten degrees). It would be interesting to know which direction the Rolls were. If one was consistently of different input than the other, one could infer an asym configuration of some kind.

On the other hand, it may have been an attempt to slow down, due drag.

Also BEA are not clear about the timing of "Continued ND inputs". When were these? After entering this climb? As written, the Stall is linked to the climb, initiated (?) by the Pilot.

The Stall could have easily been the result of the PF trying to recover the a/c from the climb.

The PF knew what was going on. The BEA know what was going on.

WE don't know what was going on. I am trying to come up with a way to understand what happened, by entertaining possibilities. BEA knows. BEA is not giving it up (at their discretion, no problem).

I am not trying to predict the Truth, I am trying to keep as wide as possible the discussion. Not least to keep and encourage an open mind.

Mostly, after expression of surprise and disgust at the "reported" conditions, the opinion here is too often too harsh and too conclusive (!) re: the PF performance.

Fine aircraft, fine Pilots. Always my starting point. What happened?

I do not know the motive of BEA with their note. Their distinct challenge if being devious with it, is to continue to withold data except the bare minimum to support a finding that is suitable. Cynical? Yes.