PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - lifestyle and work/life balance
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 14:34
Desk-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great post

Great post tallboy and congratulations on getting there. I have to say your comments about Low cost carriers being a ticket to an early grave and feeling almost permanently exhausted and unwell struck a real chord with me at what is generally regarded as an even worse outfit than Easy - we fly those spinning prop things around...

Hope I'm able to join you at BA and say the same about it in a few months. I can hardly begin to express the joy I would feel at being there and to be treated like a human being rather than as an automaton to be worked and worked and worked until you drop... We've got several young 30 something guys in my base alone off for months with suspended medicals for stress, migraines, vision problems and dizzyness and I bet in every case the outrageous workload and lack of time off (we are currently rostered to 54 hour weekends from a late to an early) is a major factor. It's about time the CAA started looking much more closely at the physical factors around low cost carrier rostering practices.