PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVRs started.....
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 13:18
5 Forward 6 Back

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's not enough money to fix it, though, nor enough time, is there?

Better training in more countries? Not enough people because of op tempo, and not enough airframes; both too tricky to fix.

You could improve accommodation, or make it much cheaper, but that again takes time and I don't think there are that many people leaving because of frequent postings or poor quarters.

Better T&Cs, allowances and pay just get shot down because of the op tempo and the fundamental problems; remember, every time someone mentions an FRI, people compare the extra £20k gross per year to an extra 5 years' seniority at an airline, and it seems a simple choice.

If you wanted to keep your mid-30s guys in, the only T&C change I can see working is making flying pay pensionable. But with the new "executive" stream versus "main" stream system, can anyone see any assimilation being available in the near future? If PAS is going to be closed for a while I can't see that being an option.

For an FRI to work it'd need to be 2 or 3 times larger than the last one, and you can imagine the headlines as we mix that with redundancies...!!