PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 13:09
Albergineman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) I was told at my interview that by the end of this year the 320 crew will also be flying the 330 as well. Is this true/is the timescale realistic?
No, it isn't realistic. As a new joiner the candidate can expect a minimum of 18 month from now to be dual rated.

2) I gather there is only 8 days off a month but how many days do the 320 crews typically fly per month?
30-8=22. Pilots usually fly for 22 days in average. But a roster period is consisted of 28 consecutive days so in some instances in a calendar month you can expect to have either 7 days off or 10 days off.
Your roster will vary according to some "principles" described below:
-If you know somebody from planning;
-If you know somebody from crew control (for last minute change-after the roster has been published);
-You will be flying at night most of time (3 consecutive night flights because it is legal) and most of them to monsoon's destinations;
-Basically, three quarters of the year, with the monsoon in between, you will be going to the east (aka MAA, COK, BOM, DEL, CMB, KTM, DAC) to say the least;
- Your requested block will be after a SBY duty;
- the tactical sickness survey doesn't reach some individuals;
- and last, but not the least, everything above is legal

3)How secure are the 330's within the company?
The whole fleet (ERJ/A320/A330) shares the same satisfactory level of reliability.

Last edited by Albergineman; 21st Jul 2011 at 04:56.