PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK DEC's- Future Recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 08:18
Boeing 787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible recruitment

Was talking to a friend of mine working as a Captain. One of the many rumours that he heard is that EK is considering recruiting DEC's in the near future.

The reason being that they are not finding the required number of new joiners and it seems that for some reason F/O's are not passing their upgrade evaluation and sim checks. To make matters worse as from next month or so a large number of new B777's and A380's will start being delivered. He told me that everyone seems to be over worked, flying 90hrs per month even though management had promised things will turn for the better earlier this year.

Had a look the EK's recruitment site for any information on the matter. A FAQ states the following:

Does Emirates intend to recruit direct entry Captains?

We currently have many First Officers who are ready to upgrade to Captain, and therefore it is not a priority for the immediate future.

I am presently flying contracts. The money is good and so is the experience flying in different regions. However life sucks being away from home for weeks on end and I have had enough of it. Dubai and EK sound appealing and although I know that I'll be away from home on trips,the number of days at home will surely be more than at present.

Would appreciate any feedback or any truth on the above matter.

Thanks