PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scams
Thread: Scams
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2001, 15:15
New PalmTree

Post Scams

Has anyone bought the "how to become an airline pilot" manual by a man calling himself Captain J Edwards? it is regularly advertised in the back of pilot magazine. I bought it and it heavily promotes a "racing school" from which "Captain Edwards" claims he derives good tax free income from as a participant (I now believe he may well be the originator of the system or at least he is actually marketing it himself) & sites the racing school as an excellent way to fund pilot training (claims of an almost guaranteed £12,000 pa tax free for 1 to 2 hours of work / week). I subscribed to it (£20 per month) thinking it was a "genuine" recommendation from a "genuinely" helpful, "genuine" airline pilot. Shortly afterwards I received an offer through the post of a manual called "the five secrets" (a-get-rich-quick scheme costing £200)by (guess who) Mr J Edwards now claiming to be an internationally published author (no mention of being an airline captain, must have got his mailing lists confused) I would be pleased to hear from anyone else who has had any dealings with this man or bought any of his manuals, as I now strongly believe that he is not quite what he portrays himself to be (or if you know him to be a genuine airline Captain I would also be interested to know).