PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Petrol exempt from carbon tax. Aviation included?
Old 20th Jul 2011, 06:20
Fubaar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I heard that Kevvie's surgery would have him out of the picture for a long time, I have to admit that I had thoughts along a similar line, Frank.

He's

(a) reminding Juliar that just one man - him - could upset her very tenuous apple cart if his health was put at risk, while

(b) putting himself well clear of the sh1tstorm he knows is about to hit the fan over this misbegotten carbon dioxide tax.

If he has a good excuse to keep himself well out of the public limelight for the next month or two, I imagine he's delusional enough to think he might be called back to lead the trainwreck to resurrection. The Australian electorate has shown it can do some really stupid things, so I suppose I shouldn't rule that out.

Put it this way... I wouldn't do a Paul Howes and bet my house on it not happening. I used to hate Rudd's hectoring, smartarse school masterish voice, particularly whe he tried (oh so unsuccessfully) to be one of the boys. God got me though - look (or listen!!! Arrrgghhhh!!!) what he gave us to replace it.

Video - The nasal drawl of Julia Gillard - The Age

(Endure the ad. you have to listen to before the clip starts. It's worth it. However, my South Australian friends say the lady is dead wrong - that accent is definitely NOT South Australian. It's unique.)