PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QA CEO on Bloomberg regarding IATA EXC. PAY
Old 20th Jul 2011, 04:11
indianace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just for info guys...
QR is still very much a privately owned company with vast interest from the state goverment..which means like you are running your own privete business but with help from your family members.so..where then money comes or goes OR how much you pay your staff or your ceo..you dont have to disclose it..if profit all yours..if loses then u bear it yourself...
till QR goes public all this info will not be displayed..however IATA is a publicly involved organization which will and have to print out the expenditure and budget to all member airline including their management salaries....to summarize...QR is still a private airline ( only one owner ),however many rumours that QR would go public soon..by 2013..
as for the current CEO..he has been here since 1997 and manage to turn around this airline from flying old 747's till now flying almost 100 shinning brand new jets and major global player in airline industry...i am not going to dispute or get into the topic of management but obviously QR is producing results so much so that EU/US carriers are so frighten with the expansions.
anyway thats upper level management..as a line pilot i am just happy to be able to jet around on new toys,well maintained and good layover places..many shortcoming of course but then it happens in all companies..
..it time to enjoy my drinks now...