PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missed Approach Climb Gradient question?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2011, 18:10
Balkanhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers for the pointers.

I just found the below paragraph in EU Ops for performance class A aircraft.

OPS 1.510
Landing — Destination and alternate aerodromes

(b) For instrument approaches with a missed approach gradient greater than 2,5 % an operator shall verify that the expected landing mass of the aeroplane allows a missed approach with a climb gradient equal to or greater than the applicable missed approach gradient in the one-engine inoperative missed approach configuration and speed (see applicable
requirements on certification of large aeroplanes). The use of an alternative method must be approved by the
Authority.
My understanding is that for performance class A if the climb gradient is greater than 2.5% then you must check that you can achieve it OEI, would that be correct?

I then found this for Performance class B aircraft
OPS 1.545
Landing — Destination and alternate aerodromes
An operator shall ensure that the landing mass of the aeroplane determined in accordance with OPS 1.475
(a) does not exceed the maximum landing mass specified for the altitude and the ambient temperature expected for the estimated time of landing at the destination and alternate aerodrome.
It looks as if there is no requirement to consider a OEI missed approach climb gradient with performance class B aircraft. That seems odd....