PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2011, 09:35
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi CONFiture,
Originally Posted by CONF iture
ISIS is not especially larger than the standard standby indicator, and the standard standby indicator is not more 'unreadable' than the ISIS.
You are right, but ISIS includes more functions than default standby. About ISIS access, flying the aircraft from the RHS would make it harder for the PF to check ISIS, which is closer, in the central console, from Captain's seat.

Icing maybe or just the unusual 'AoA' for those static probes induced unreliable readings for altitude and/or Vertical Speed ...
AoA wasn't an issue when speed issues started. I was talking about the first PF reaction inducing the initial climb that could be related to his focus on roll and initial sharp altitude drop. I agree that it doesn't explain why he continued NU orders when, 40-50 seconds later, the aircraft stalled. But disorientation and instrument disbelief could cause the later orders.

Something big is missing in the story : I can't believe 3 guys would have maintained NU inputs for 3 minutes with 3 A/H showing blue blue blue and 3 altimeters going down like crazy. BTW, what did say the captain ? Nothing ... ? BEA, just publish the data, and if we don't deserve them, the victim's families surely do. Why can't they get them ... ?
It is quite hard to understand.
But, we never faced the same stress and situation as, with hindsight, we are fully aware of many things they may have never acknowledged during this event. Captain's return could have bring some confusion with him. Did they agreed about the situation? Was the PNF nose-down in ECAMs reading while the PF pursued stubornly his false impression of what really happened?

I still believe that a BEA hastily release of raw data would have caused more harm than good. Many things really need to be checked and cross-checked before reporting them to the public. Without expert analysis, it may be very harmful to everybody. Any inquiry needs time, patience and in depth processing in order to avoid mistakes and wrong conclusions.

I would like to know everything, straight away, but not before everything is well sorted out and seriously verified. I'm pretty sure that there will be no final report this summer, as some believe, only an interim one.
We'll see.