PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2011, 03:33
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by takata
ISIS is an option for A330 that can replace the standard unreadable standby indicators.
ISIS is not especially larger than the standard standby indicator, and the standard standby indicator is not more 'unreadable' than the ISIS.

Originally Posted by Linktrained
How much of an aircraft's flying is done with the Trim Tank "inoperative"?
Pretty rare, but I can still remember flying under MEL an entire week or so without it due to a defective trim tank isolation valve.

Originally Posted by Graybeard
I hope BEA explains how the cg moved from the automatic 38% MAC, as shown above, and in the initial report, to 29% (or was it 23?) in its latest report.
Never the MAC could have been to 38% after only 3 hours something in the flight, not with the initial very much forward 23% CG at takeoff time. My own estimate would have put it around 32% at the time of the event, but the BEA now mentions 29% ...

Originally Posted by DozyWannabe
As for BOAC's question, I don't think takata's point is a case of Airbus pilots not being able to fly an aircraft so much as it is the question of whether you'd want to have to suddenly take over manual pitch trimming - in turbulence, at night, with no speed indications and the fuel transfer system causing the need for regular adjustments.
If now to have to trim an airplane overloads a pilot, so, something is very wrong with the airbus philosophy. How will cope a pilot the day he has to do it when the system pushes him to lose that practice. Let the pilot trim, it is just more pleasure and SA in the mean time.

Originally Posted by takata
Could it be that static pressure was also affected by icing?
Icing maybe or just the unusual 'AoA' for those static probes induced unreliable readings for altitude and/or Vertical Speed ...

Something big is missing in the story : I can't believe 3 guys would have maintained NU inputs for 3 minutes with 3 A/H showing blue blue blue and 3 altimeters going down like crazy. BTW, what did say the captain ? Nothing ... ?

BEA, just publish the data, and if we don't deserve them, the victim's families surely do. Why can't they get them ... ?