PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR20 deploys ballistic parachute near Banbury
Old 19th Jul 2011, 00:17
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With many hundreds of sr22 hours let me put a few things straight. The cirrus is a delight to hand fly for long periods, it is a sound ifr platform yes with good aileron authority but nothing more. As an ifr platform it feels a lot more stable than most I have flown. It is as quick as most any singles and does require more careful speed management during the approach but the skills required are not exceptional and wellin with the grasp of the average pilot. IMO there is little between the g1000 and the avidyne, I think the avidyne is slightly more intuitive. As to the chute it is there for everyone, we each dance on a different pin, a fool might fall too easily but a sky god may be equally grateful one day; for that reason I would far rather it was there than not. For the same reason I Stick with the raft even if it may lull some into taking on ortac in February without good luck to them but I will remain grateful for stacking the odds slightly in my favour should I ever be unfortunate enough to be grateful