PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Petrol exempt from carbon tax. Aviation included?
Old 18th Jul 2011, 22:44
Andu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She's painted herself into a very tight corner, to the point where she now simply has to tough it out and win the electorate over or be consigned to the political scrapheap - far, far further down the oblivion tube than Mark Latham.

She and her minders recognise this, and so all she can do is "go for broke", sell, sell and keep on selling the message, she hopes until (although some would hope 'if') enough people start, even grudgingly, to admire her resolve and start listening.

However, her biggest problem in doing this is.... herself. She's so damaged 'brand Julia(r)' with her total lack of honesty that we who oppose her can only hope it is irredeemable. Any stunt she pulls now, be it a wedding, another almost weepie 'shy goirl' moment, or who knows what else, will be seen for what it will be - a focus group inspired, contrived stunt.

My guess is that at the very top of her wish list is that Tony Abbott will make a mistake - not an impossibility. Or more likely, that Malcolm Turnbull will damage Abbott - a far higher possibility. Whatever, she simply has to hang in there and keep braying... (sorry) talking up the carbon 'pollution', relying on Dr Goebbel's tried and true dictum that if you repeat the lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

The Australian voters have proven in the past that they'll fall for this. Juliar's hoping they will again.

(With apologies to Elton john and 'Norma Jean')

Goodbye Jul-ee-arr
Though you promised “no carbon tax”
You introduced one anyway
At the insistence of the Greens

Even though you lied,
The Press still ad-ore you
All the papers have to say
Is that Julia is “true blue”

And it seems to me
That your whole life
Has been one gigantic lie
You’ll tell porkie after porkie