PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2011, 15:56
bearfoil

lonewolf

I think my approach is one that is misunderstood by some. I haven't proposed any kind of conclusions, I am making an effort to keep my mind open to possibilities that indeed may have naught to do with 447. In an effort to understand UAS, overspeed, RadarWx, etc. I am adding to my own personal backgound, and if at a later time, a conclusive presentation is made (it will be, we hope!), then a broader understanding offers a firmer foundation for finality.

Within days of this accident, I was focused on the attitude of the a/c at a/p loss, until it became increasingly ignored in favor of what I thought was extraneous interest by the thread in general. What goes around comes around, and here we are with A33Zab's post of "Other than fbw UAS procedure."

We are back at the several seconds around the loss of the autopilot.

I believe what is technically considered "Upset" (not at all what many think it is....) happened seconds (or more) prior to a/p dropout. The LOC, (again by definition) 'happened' at "I have the controls".........

I do not need to be correct. I have no airframe bias. I am a pilot. I am with the crew, until such time as anyone can conclusively prove to me that PE was the procuring cause of this tragic accident.

Was it "in there"? Who among the pilot community would have an expectation of flawless competency in such conditions?

I have no "need" to be understood. On the contrary, I crave to understand.........