PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rates Of Pay
Thread: Rates Of Pay
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2011, 01:09
christian archer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I initially loved GeneralSpecifics reply until I got down to the bit about accident rates!!!

I admit that I am a relatively new de-restricted instructor with only 250 hours ppl instruction but have often been told that my instruction (not me personally but new FIs) is often better than the old guys because we are more up to date with the syllabus and more passionate and enthusiastic about it. There is absolutely no correlation or studies to suggest that the old guys have less accidents than us!! I have just graduated with an MSc in Air Transport Management from Cranfield University but may be wrong.

Secondly, the bit when you say go to leading school that charge more because they have better instruction...haha what a joke! I used to instruct for one of the leading providers, and then get in my car at weekends and drive round the other side of the field to instruct for a different school (supposedly a lower standard of school) really? same instructor!! It's not like I omit vital parts of the syllabus when teaching there as apose to the "leading school"!

Think before you write