PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS closing airspace
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2002, 09:50
Expeditedescent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot collegues,

Might I suggest that those of you who feel so inclined, write to NATS management with your concerns, and specifically address a few questions to them.......for example:

Q: When you were warned 5 years ago that NATS did not have sufficient ATCOs, why did you ignore this warning?

Q: Why did you open NERC when you clearly knew you would not have enough staff to run the centre properly?

Q: Why have you continued to mis-represent the situation regarding the number of valid, operational ATCOs to the airlines?

I'm sure there are more, hopefully you might get an answer because we sure as hell can't.

I feel gutted frankly at the atrocious service you are getting these days. As an ATCO who was once proud of the excellant service I believe we offered, particularly in TC where I work, the current situation is embarrasing.

Let me assure all pilots that the shop floor are doing our level best to provide you with the very best service possible, but you simply would not believe the conditions we are working under right now. Our hands are totally tied thanks to the utterly useless management of the company that has rotted away for the last 5-6 years.

A final point, I would never criticsise any aviation professional who did not report for duty if he/she was not fit to work. This is not an industry for taking chances.

Regards