PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2011, 20:14
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTVairport
I believe they're getting rid of what they consider to be an unnecessary level of management and as such they won't be replaced and one guy will oversee all three facilities.
This sounds logical if looked at in one dimension, as to the situaution at DTV & with other redundancies necessary, then perhaps Mike's salary may have been one expense too much, though one presumes in presiding over both Doncaster & DTV then this was a shared overhead. Continuing on the same tack then perhaps Doncaster could not support 100% of his salary & so there was no place left for him to go. However on moving this view forwards, then I can't see how LPL could run without an operations director, and thus if this position has also been made redundant then it must be that the location of the office has simply moved down the road to Manchester. One way or another IF this is what has been affected then Mike & another at LPL certainly appear to have a serious TUPE tribuneral claim, something that I can't believe that Peel would allow to happenHmmmm....