PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Other Controversial BOI's Be Reviewed?
Old 17th Jul 2011, 18:12
Carol Johnson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valiant crash of 1960

I am the daughter of one of the crew killed in the 1960's valiant crash. The paper work has survived, all 130 odd pages or so. It is the children who carry the pain of findings blaming their father(s) and although I am not in that situation as my father was the AEO I do think it is important to review the past, in cases where there may be some doubt. Having said that I accept that offical reviews may not be possible and indeed may be very stressful, but threads such as this allow for discussion that, when positively presented, can be of great comfort to those children. It is through the PPRuNE site that the children of the valiant crash have made contact which in itself has been a very positive experience. We lost our fathers and have been able to share the despair that caused. I didn't know my father and am now able to acknowledge him, honour his memory and understand that he gave his life for his country. I believe discussions on this thread are important in helping us accept and understand what may or did happen. I therefore thank those who contribute in a positive manner.

Last edited by Carol Johnson; 19th Jul 2011 at 05:53.