PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - lifestyle and work/life balance
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2011, 16:27
Chief Brody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been on the 320 fleet for ~2.5 years. I enjoy being able to jiggle my roster to have time at home with Mrs CB and the four legged money pit - granted with no children the days off I want arent necessary weekends so I tend to get them and have done for a while.

The skips I fly with are 99.9% great guys and gals - good sence of humours, happy to take the back seat on 'your' sectors, friendly and very human (not the steely eyed BA stereotypes that non BAers sometimes imagine) - we too laugh at the whole Nigel thing.

Theres oodles written about career (fleets, training, management, recruitment) opportunities so I'll leave that alone.

The hotels are very good.

The union is very good - and very strong (IMHO).

The allowances are very good.

The crew food is very good.

The T5 pre-flight 'experience' is very good.

The staff travel perks are very good - havent been further aft than WT+ since joining but mostly club and first - v nice.

The anciliary perks such as free sim practice if you want it, car park usage whilst on holiday, taking partners away on trips etc etc are all little pluses.

The inter departmental magazine is very open and a good read.

The outside-of-work clubs are plentiful and well attended.

The BARP pension is not as good as APS or NAPS true but its still a very good package. And may I say that unlike the other two its a transferable package for when working in the UK becomes no longer tax viable as it surely will in my lifetime.

Yes thats right I doubt I'll still be in BA when it comes to retirement but thats the fault of that fat greying one eyed wally Gordon ''she just a horrible biggoted woman' Brown not BA.

I like working for BA because its as good as you want it to be.