PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Connecting to a weak router signal (again)
Old 17th Jul 2011, 11:57
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Aerials OMNI, but apart from the flat doughnut they have a lobe out of the top which can be pointed at the target.

There seems to be so many variables. The spare NETGEAR unit suddenly disappeared from the list of local routers. The Rivetess' laptop is showing differing stations available, and she's two feet away.

Signal from pal's NETGEAR is consistently swinging between 1 and 3 bars, though some days we get 2 to 3 bars and everything is fine - at least for our temporary needs.

I can only assume the signal is being affected by other transmissions, unless these routers try to make assessments of the signal from what they receive, then turn down their output. But, I've never read of an agc function.

I need pal and his family out of the way so as not to inconvenience them, then I'll have a go at the relay procedure. If that fails, it'll be the BT 'approved' through the house wiring deal - BUT, pal seems to have bought several of these houses and had 3phase put in for his workshops. 50/50 it'll work for normal people, but for me in this phase (ho ho) of my life, 99 to 1 against.