PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatigue Control - the Movie
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2002, 06:09
karrank

Mostly Harmless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Fatigue Control - the Movie

Australian ATC have just recieved a weighty package containing a pamphlet (glanced through it) a detailed report (I'll look at it when I've finished nights, and can read whole sentences again) and a video. My comments are about the video, which was great: relevant, entertaining, with useful information. I would say it was required watching for any contemplating professional sleep denial.

The only problem I have is I really identify with the somewhat brain-damaged main character. While he was wandering around his house in the early afternoon wondering where his family was I was ironing in front of the telly wondering where my wife was and whether I was supposed to be awake when no.2 son finished school or not... Other stuff too, it was creepy.

Despite being described by others as somewhat eccentric (that's what "wierdo" means doesn't it?) I've been relatively happy with myself 'til now, but it is a bit of a worry trying to figure how much of what I am is the accumulation of personality damage from 20 years of shiftwork??? God, now I'm hearing the ocean!!!

Is shiftwork worth the paltry rewards?

No sign of no.2 son, so I'll go to bed now...