PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will AI give chance to non IGRUAns??
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2011, 20:53
flyjet787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code:
Sooner or later they might have to recruit but they will most likely  exhaust the supply from IGRUA or NFTI before they start from outside
AI/IC recruit through campus interviews only from IGRUA not from NFTI.

Code:
On top of that they have published a tender to Lease about 16 A320 (  some may be used to replace the old A320 in the fleet ). But I am  guessing those jobs will probably go to the type rated guys
That doesn't mean they are gonna get those 16 aircraft. Similar tenders have been posted in the past but nothing happened. The current plan is to use the old 320 in a low cost configuration under the AI Regional brand for which the already advertised for pilots with hrs on the 320.

Code:
If you have been reading the news regarding Air India's restructuring  plan , the Deloitte report has recommended buying an additional 135  aircraft in order for Air India to generate enough revenue in ordere to  be profitable . 
 This is in order to balance the employee to aircraft ration to international levels in order to become profitable .
Well deloitte suggested the leasing of 135 aircraft to match the work force of 40,000. But i'm not sure if they are going to do that since they are now going to send about 15-20,000 employees to the Ground handling company and the MRO which would operate separately from the airline.

Code:
You still have to pay AI for the selection process though . I think its  around Rs 1500-2000 for the initial application ( as with all govt jobs )
 And around 10,000 - 20,000 rupees for the SIM test if you reach that stage
You have to pay Rs.500 for the exam and Rs.10,000 for the sim check.