PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will AI give chance to non IGRUAns??
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2011, 19:13
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well they might recruit....

Last time they recruited was in 2009 for non type rated .

But heard it was an eyewash as usual with Air India

Sooner or later they might have to recruit but they will most likely exhaust the supply from IGRUA or NFTI before they start from outside

I am guessing the existing 777 pilots might transfer to the 787 once they come in ( somebody's got to fly the 27 B787 on order )

On top of that they have published a tender to Lease about 16 A320 ( some may be used to replace the old A320 in the fleet ). But I am guessing those jobs will probably go to the type rated guys

Also lots of former IC pilot will be resigning once they get jobs somehwere else ( Most Likely IndiGo )
There is a limit as to how long you can go without paying them.

If you have been reading the news regarding Air India's restructuring plan , the Deloitte report has recommended buying an additional 135 aircraft in order for Air India to generate enough revenue in ordere to be profitable .
This is in order to balance the employee to aircraft ration to international levels in order to become profitable .
I have no idea on what routes these aircraft would fly on but if the govt approves the plan then thats a plus for us guys

You still have to pay AI for the selection process though . I think its around Rs 1500-2000 for the initial application ( as with all govt jobs )
And around 10,000 - 20,000 rupees for the SIM test if you reach that stage