PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L-410 Reported Down Near Recife Brazil
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2011, 14:04
GBV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supermoix, thanks for the info. As for the sim, there's one in Sasovo, Russia, but it's an older version and with Russian avionics, i flew it only for fun a couple of times. I heard there's one sim in Czech Rep. as well where probably pilots can do their initial training, it could be part of the package when an airline first buys a L410. Anyway, i don't believe part135 operators in Brazil train engine failures after takeoff, some even don't do base training, just ground school and line training.

Just watched the video again, when the airplane first appears it has its wings leveled, high pitch and at really low altitude. Maybe the pilots realized that they wouldn't make it to the runway and tried a right turn to land on the beach. Some extra hundred meters and they would have landed on the beach and there was a great chance everybody would have survived. What a shame...

or is there anything wrong with Brazilian Aviation...Flew there many, many times while working for a Major US Carrier...
Sorry, but you probably don't know much about Brazilian aviation. There are a lot of bad part135 operators down there. Recently a PA34 crashed after takeoff from Manaus, completely overloaded. On another case a Learjet crashed after takeoff from Campo de Marte due to fuel imbalance, the pilots didn't even bother to read any checklists during taxi. And finnally, a helicopter crashed a couple of weeks ago and the "pilot" didn't have a current license. A good number of very professional pilots in Brazil, but many idiots as well.

brgs