PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2011, 08:15
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bravo PPP

Ho Ho Ho!

In fairness to WK, his tenacity was as admirable as anyone's - it was just that his absolute blinkeredness to look facts in the face and his inability to see another point of view was as bad as that of the Air Marshals.

Also, WK was not the worst 'conspiracy theorist' I came across - there was another who postulated that a USN SEAL was aboard the Chinook from the start, took out a pistol and shot everyone (including the crew) then jumped out of the doors and parachuted to safety just before the crash!!! Wotaplonker, I think his name was!

On a more pragmatic note, I have thanked a number of people privately, including Brian, but I forgot to thank all those who never gave up the fight - here on PPrune and also behind the scenes - who know who you are!

Thanks too to all at PPrune Towers who have kept this forum going as a sticky and helped moderate the posts when required - quite outstanding!
Everyone has played his or her part (even Caz and JP and other apologists) but the rule of democracy and common-sense has prevailed and we can feel justly proud that we all ensured that was so.

Sadly however, I suspect we have not heard the last of the AMs on this (if Lord Giblet and Graydon are anything to go by) but I think Dr Fox's comments about drawing a line under this were directed specifically at them.

John Cook was right - there is no expiry date for justice - and while Jon and Rick have had theirs, certain senior officers - whose behaviour has been totally unacceptable, some would say criminal - have so far escaped any form of justice. Yes, two of them (D&W) were publically humiliated but a whole host of others didn't even get a mention.

Flipster