PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rishworth recruiting for Jetstar NZ
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2011, 03:22
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
74world I converted to US dollars because that is the standard currency that those of us out here in the contract world get paid in, so it's easy for us to compare. And I would assume, that most of the applications for DEC positions will be from guys currently based outside NZ, because there's only two A320 operators in the country, and I don't imagine too many guys will be leaving Air NZ for this.

However I take it all back, on further reflection and having a read of the Herald this morning, some guys confidently predicting the kiwi $ will fall back to .50 US cent in a couple of years once the US economic recovery kicks in, in which case it would be once again among the worst paid A320 captain gigs in the contract world. Right now, it IS a good salary and right up there with anything else available in contract land, but it's a very very high risk strategy to drop the ball and come home to that unless you've already made your pile of money elsewhere.

And it's a REALLY crap package for F/O's ... having read the Herald a bit further I found an ATR F/O job paying $135 grand ...