PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rishworth recruiting for Jetstar NZ
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2011, 22:52
standardbrief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comparing the salary with todays exchange rate does not show the full picture. This contract compared with all other operators in the region and its sub par, not just the pay but the scheduling agreement. I have on good authority that the current NZ based pilots are negotiating a better deal with NZALPA. Theres a clause in that rishworth deal that states that Jetstar has to be satisfied that you will stay on the conditions you were employed on. (very dodgy considering you haven't experienced living on that contract). So I dare say within a year you will be on a lessor contract than the other pilots.

And as an asside I have lived in both the UK and NZ within the past 3 years. In many respects I would say UK is cheaper. Houses, Food, Petrol...... its not the 90s. and when the exchange rate goes back to normal?..... ah well atleast you were paid similar to a ryanair pilot for a year....... and they can negotiate better and you'll be on the same salary in 5 years with cost of living increases etc.

can understand people get living in NZ tunnel vision but please have a think