PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RTR (A) - RTR (P) - RTR (C) Issues
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2011, 16:54
Johny Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Attitude
Jb, i would like to correct you ... As per the current rules, part 1 plus 5k gives u an rtr(c) for 20 years and 10k will get u a lifetime one.

I got mine renewed last month and was a fool to listen to my company chaps who said that that i could get only a validity of 3 years even if i paid 10k
Pilotbaba asked about getting a Canadian FRTOL converted into Indian RTR.
Direct Conversion of above FRTOL( Canadian CPL needed ) will give him Max validity of 20 Years( As Canadian CPL is valid for lifetime but Medical is valid for less years- Don't have medical validity figure.)
So he will get RTR(C) Direct conversion with provision of 30 hours in 36 months.Validity will be max of 20 years but lately WPC has issued( A known person of mine applied in March for direct conversion and got 5 year one.Fee's paid was 5000Rs) 5 years RTR(C) and not 20 year one.So they might have changed again some rue regarding Canadian FRTOL direct conversion.As you got 20 year one ....

No one gets lifetime RTR license by just passing Part1 only if your renewing your OLD RTR(A) then Part1 will get you a lifetime one.
Clearing part 1 and having Foreign FRTOL( Commonwealth+ Philippines ) will get you RTR(C) with max validity of foreign FRTOL.

Department of Telecommunications
(WPC Wing)

Sanchar Bhavan
20, Ashok Road
New Delhi-110 001
December 22, 2008.

MEMORANDUM

Sub: Conversion/issue of permit in respect of Foreign Flight Radio Telephone
Operators Licenses (FRTOLs)

A. In light of the current international practices and requirements of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), the procedures of conversion of FRTOLs in India have been reviewed. Accordingly, it has been decided by this Ministry that the following modified procedures will be adopted for conversion/issue of Permit against a Foreign FRTOL:

i) The holders of Commercial Pilot License (CPL), Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) and Flight Engineers License (FEL) from all Commonwealth countries and Philippines will be considered for issue of Indian Radio Telephony Permits directly in lieu of their foreign Flight Radio Telephony Licenses (FRTOLs) provided their FRTOLs are issued from the same Administration from where their Flight Crew Licenses (CPL/ATPL/FEL) have been issued.

ii) The Foreign FRTOLs holders not meeting the above criterion will be required to pass the Part I of RTR (A) examination conducted by this Ministry, for enabling them to have Indian Permit.

iii) The Foreign FRTOLs, issued from countries/Administrations other than Commonwealth and Philippines, will not be entitled either for direct conversion or waiver for the Part II RTR (A) examination.

iv) The validity of the converted Foreign FRTOLs, based upon passing of Part-1 RTR (A) examination, will be for a maximum period of 3 years with effect from date of declaration of examination results or till the validity of Foreign FRTOL; whichever is less. The converted license can be renewed every 3 years subject to fulfilling of renewal criteria of RTR (A) licenses and validity of Foreign FRTOL.

v) The validity of the directly converted Foreign FRTOLs (refer Para-(i) above) will be till the validity of Foreign FRTOL or Pilot/Flight Engineer License or 3 years; whichever is earlier. It will be renewable every 3 years subject to fulfilling of existing RTR (A) renewal criteria and validity of concerned foreign licenses (FRTOL and CPL/ATPL/FEL).

vi) The instructions for filling up the Application form(AF-1) for fresh Permits are enclosed as Annexure-I

These procedures super cede earlier memorandum issued in this regard dated 7/2/2008 and come into force with effect from 15th January’2009.

B. Refer memo. of even number dated 13/03/2008: With a view to facilitate the transition, in accordance with the above guidelines (Para “A” above), a further extension of six months beyond 31/12/2008 i.e. up to 30.06.2009 will be granted to the Renewal cases covered under the memo (dated 13/03/2008),subject to fulfilling of existing RTR (A) renewal criteria. No further extensions will be granted in this regard.

…….sd/…….
( Gulab Chand)
Asstt. Wireless Adviser to Govt. of India
Telephone no. 011-23752484/23036469

To

1. Director General, Civil Aviation Dept., New Delhi.
2. All WPC Regional Licensing Offices.
3. WPC Website.

Enclosure: Annexure-I
A further ink of New Guidelines Or Ammendments is given Dated 05/02/2010 :
http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/abreviation.pdf

This will clear doubts regarding RTR- A/C/P category of licenses.