PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 15th Jul 2011, 15:44
dubaigong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandman,

I don't fully agree with your statement "I don't think that's much we can do to change it"
There is always something we can do about it , it is more do we really want to do something ?
Tell me what will or can they do if we ALL say we are not going to Kandahar ?
Fire everybody ?
They will have to start talking with us and find a solution BUT of course we need to ALL agree on what we want and that's where the problem start.
Some pilots does not see the problem to go there and even said to the chief pilot that they have done it before and it was not a problem.
So I don't find it unfair to let them go and stay home if I have a problem going there because I find it totally unsafe...
When the security is as good as they can not avoid the president's brother to be killed another to blow himself during the funeral , how can I trust the company saying to me that it is safe to fly there ?
Just to remind you also that when we joined we have been told that our main market would be India and the subcontinent BUT never say anything about Kabul , Kandahar etc...