PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rishworth recruiting for Jetstar NZ
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2011, 12:48
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Growler - would that be the ones advertised through VOR Holdings by any chance? Good luck with that mate, find ONE person who's actually got the job and got the money in their hand and happy with the service they're being provided, and I will eat my hat. Oh and enjoy your stay in China

Seriously ... when you consider the big worldwide players in low cost airlines :

- Comparing the 2+ year Rishworth / Jetstar basic salary and ignoring the $30 grand sign on bonus, I'm basing my maths on $NZ158,000, converting to $US at today's exchange rate which is $US0.84, and divide by 12. Works out at $US11,100 per month.

- Easy / Ryan skippers are on a plethora of different contracts but total package for most UK based guys averages out around £80 - 90,000 p.a. I've taken £85,000 as the average and on today's exchange rate it works out at $US11,400 / month. So, same same but different, until you consider the taxes and UK cost of living. No contest.

- Easy and Ryan would be where 90% of the narrowbody-skipper expat kiwis in Europe are ... but if you want a real shocker go and find out how things are on the European mainland at places like Wizzair and Vueling

- Air Asia, is about $US9000 a month all up.

- Tiger Singapore is around Sing$10,000 / month : $US8,200

- Vietnam Airlines A320, $US10,800 / month

- By way of comparison to sandpit airlines : Flydubai and EY/QR narrowbody LHS, all work out the same around $US14,000 / month. Sure it's more but that ain't much of a premium at all for putting up with the crap in the sandpit compared to an Auckland base. And if you have got 2 or more kids in school, then you're probably better off staying home.