PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you love about flying....?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2011, 11:34
Jake.f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The view, the amazing feeling of the acceleration on take-off, sitting up there in the 390kg aircraft I am training in while getting bumped around a bit by the turbulence. What isn't to love?
The best experiences recently have to be my lessons of course. Most of which consist of me turning up at the hangar for a 9am start of briefing and pre-flight inspecting. Usually takeoff is on the shorter cross-runway which points right out to the wide blue pacific ocean, take-off is followed by a lazy right hand turn before flying down the coast a few kilometres to the training area. I cannot find words to describe how much I enjoy sitting in the Foxbat (With the floor to ceiling perspex doors) looking down at the waves crashing and people walking on the beach just 500ft below us...
I only have 2.5 dual so far, but I can definitely tell I have found a passion to do for the rest of my life.

And as for commercial flights, you simply can't beat the acceleration of thundering down the runway on takeoff, nor can you beat the sound of jets or those lovely turboprops...