PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPad Navigation
Thread: iPad Navigation
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2011, 09:30
MilFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received mine on Tuesday [wife correction ] . The padding for the iPad2 is an extra millimeter or two thick. I don't think you'd notice the difference externally. Especially once it's sitting on my knee. I guess my best comparison is that it's like an extra 'bandaid' sized strip in there. My iPad certainly doesn't move though and is very well protected.

Design wise I'd say that it's designed for both and has extra padding for the iPad 2 which I'd actually prefer!

The protection is important to me as I don't want to have to explain to my wife why I broke my new $1k tech toy . Also looking forward to giving the OzRunways app a go and stressing a little less over Nav on the weekend.

I've been spoilt at work with million dollar nav systems that show me a pretty map resulting in more coffee time - what's funny is that I can now get it in a Mooney at the price of a half hour

You use OzRunways BlueLoo? You tried the Av Plan software <is that fully released? I found that a little confusing> It overlays the current weather radar over your map / route!

Mind you, if you insist on reducing the width by a millimeter or so their is an Aluminium model that looks to be specifically designed for iPad 2.

Almost forgot to ask.. what App do you use for ERSA etc etc. (ASA pubs) ?

Last edited by MilFlyer; 15th Jul 2011 at 10:04.