PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Anglian Air Ambulance temporarily grounded/Longmint status
Old 15th Jul 2011, 08:49
A.Agincourt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, over a lunchtime beer with said fraud investigator, I was heartened to hear that they are very interested in cases of company fraud and negligence.
This is similar to what I have been told previously. Naive as it may sound, there are a lot of people out there who deliberately set up companies and groups with the specific intent of doing so using other peoples money and then default to the extent of insolvency and ensuing ...........I had considered that perhaps this is precisely what our 'friends' have been doing. Then I realised that was probably wrong and it is just sheer incompetence.
One issue to be considered is that the people who remain are only there in order to get their entitlement to statutory redundancy from the National Insurance Fund.
There is that to be considered but the 'capped' value is not that great and with no pay or severely reduced pay up to the point of receiving SR may be badly offset by additional bills or other incurred debts.

Best Wishes