PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Hours to FAA Logbook
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2011, 07:53
WheyPCRocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of, please let me thank you guys greatly for your assistance; I've searched high and low on both CASA and FAA's website to find very few recommendations. (Still waiting on a reply from the FAA)

B2N2,
Thank you greatly for your detailed response. Luckily, even before commencing my CASA training, I decided to be 'different' to my fellow students and ordered a Jeppesen Logbook and unknown to me at the time was the fact that it was more so tailored for FAA certification standards so luckily, most of my Australian hours are logged similarly to FAA standards

To what extent of logging would you consider sufficient enough to approve of its validation into the FAA logbook? As with your example of IF hours; I have done similarly by logging my IF hours in a specific column from my total but have only described it as "IF Flight". Is this insufficient evidence to validate it for approval or is more evidence required?

For further clarification, the fact that my Australian hours have been stamped and certified by a qualified CASA instructor is all the documentation I need to present to certify those hours? Just in case as it would be a bummer to request documentation from Australia when I am in the US.

As I previously mentioned, the main goal of this for my situation is to simply attain the hours I have already paid for; I do not mind having to actually train the same concepts again (student from 0 hrs) as I haven't flown for a significant period of time anyways (1 year). It would just be nice to not 'waste' these hours.

sasben,
Am I correct to assume that I can simply continue on from the next page of my logbook under FAA standards? Meaning I only need one logbook which contains both my previous CASA hours + FAA now?

Reverse,
I understand your pain! I was shocked to see what a difference in pricing it is!

Thanks again for your help and time.